CHIROPRACTIC ADJUSTMENT: PREGNANCY
Chiropractic adjustments can relieve and even prevent discomfort during pregnancy and aid in a more comfortable journey for the expecting mom! The mom's nervous system is extremely important during pregnancy, because it is responsible for the baby's development. When mom takes care of her nervous system, through chiropractic adjustments, the baby can develop at his/her full potential and both mom and baby benefit! If there is a spinal misalignment, the uterus may not perform at 100% which will slow labor; however, research shows that chiropractic care does reduce labor time!
Chiropractic Care for Mom:
- Prepares the pelvis for an easier pregnancy and birth by creating a state of balance in the pelvic bones, muscles, and ligaments
- Removes tension on the ligaments that support the uterus thus reducing torsion of the uterus (See Webster Technique)
- Reduces interference to the mom’s nerve system which controls and coordinates all of her body’s functions
- Allows for a safer, easier birth by decreasing the potential for interventions (C-Section, Forceps, Induction, etc.)
Chiropractic Care for Baby:
- Removes interference to the mom’s nerve system allowing for BETTER BABY DEVELOPMENT
- Allows the baby room to develop without restrictions (See Webster Technique)
- Offers the baby room to move into the best possible POSITION for birth (See Webster Technique)
- With proper fetal positioning, there is significant decrease in pain and birth trauma caused by intervention
The mother has ligaments that attach from the uterus to the pelvis. If her pelvis is out of balance, these ligaments become twisted causing the uterus to be smaller in size. This decreased space the baby has to grow in, limits the baby's potential for optimal development and sometimes causes posterior or breech births. In addition, the constrained uterus may slow labor and add pain and distress to both mom and baby. Chiropractic adjustments (specifically the Webster Technique) create an environment for an easier and safer delivery!
Dr. Nicole is certified in the Webster Technique, a technique that reduces interference to the nervous system, balances pelvic muscles and ligaments, and allows the baby to get into the best position possible for birth.
Pregnant Moms Love To Get Adjusted!
Our touch is gentle, and our pregnant mom's always love being able to lay face down. In order to accommodate for the baby, our table lowers at the belly, and we have special pregnancy pillows that are hollow for the belly to lay in as well!