Young children are especially prone to ear infections; 75% of children will experience at least one ear infection by the age of three. Chiropractic care has been shown to prevent ear infections as well as ease discomfort and speed healing for those suffering from an ear infection. Causes of Ear Infections:
- Ear infections happen when fluid remains near the ear drum
- Functioning Eustachian tubes allow fluid to drain, but these Eustachian tubes can be impeded by the bones of the neck putting pressure on the tubes, surrounding muscles spasming and compressing the tubes, even the bones of the skull or jaw may impede proper flow.
How chiropractic care helps:
- A chiropractor removes all interference to the spine and nervous system through gentle, precise adjustments.
- When a bone is moved back to its proper position, the result is proper functioning nerves, muscles and organs.
- The upper neck controls the nerves that travel to the ear and Eustachian tube and the muscles surrounding the tube. When those nerves function properly, the ear will drain and the muscles will not spasm which decreases the opportunity for compression on the tube.
Chiropractic care restores proper mechanics so that the ear can drain, relieving and preventing ear infections.
Have you or your children been struggling with ear infections? We would love to meet you and help your/your child’s body THRIVE! 616.554.5070